cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there any problems with using an autofill keyword set on a doc type that does not contain all the keyword types in the autofill keyword set?

Deborah_Hack
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

I am creating an external autofill keyword set (NOT multi-instance). I would like to use the same autofill keyword set for several similar document types. Some of the document types have more keyword types than others. My thought is to include all the keyword types needed for the doc type with the most keywords. That means that for some of the other documents there will be some extraneous (unneeded) keywords in the autofill. In testing, this seems to work ok. Is there any reason I shouldn't use an autofill keyword set for doc types that don't have all the keyword types in the autofill set?

Thanks-

Deborah 

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Ansley_Ingram
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hi Deborah,

If your Autofill Keyword Set has more keyword types than your Document Type, you shouldn't run into any issues. So long as the AFKS's Primary Keyword is on the Document Type, the other available keyword types will be populated.

Hope that helps.

Ansley

View answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

Ansley_Ingram
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hi Deborah,

If your Autofill Keyword Set has more keyword types than your Document Type, you shouldn't run into any issues. So long as the AFKS's Primary Keyword is on the Document Type, the other available keyword types will be populated.

Hope that helps.

Ansley

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.