cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API Certification Onbase 14

Brendan_Altman2
Star Contributor
Star Contributor
I have been told that the API Certification course has gone through a makeover in the last year or so. I have heard that they have eliminated the VB.Scripting element of the course and that it focuses on just the Unity API & the Unity Automation API which is done in either VB or C# Can anyone confirm or dispute this ?
3 REPLIES 3

Phil_Montag
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making
Yes I completed the course last year. It was strictly Unity, which is good because with Unity you can leverage all the power of .NET in your scripting and it is definitely where the future is headed. The course is in C# but you are given the option of taking the exam coding in VB if you prefer. It was very beneficial, it opened up a lot of new abilities with OnBase that we were never able to do before.

Brendan_Altman2
Star Contributor
Star Contributor
hi Phil, thanks for the insight.

Tyler_Sorber
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Hi Brandan

I have just emailed you in reply to some of the questions that were posed to me directly.

In regards to the course, as Phil has mentioned, the course will only cover the Unity API.  Both the Automation API and Unity Integration Toolkit will be displayed in the course.

As far as what is covered, the course will cover all of the concepts that will be on the exam.  My suggestion would be to look into the API courses outlines on Premium Subscription to prepare.  In addition, once you are confirmed for the course, you can contact API Support for the SDK.  Please keep in mind that after certification, the SDK can be found on Community.