cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any found a way to perform passcode authentication on a Unity Form before accessing externally?

Ryan_Wakefield
World-Class Innovator
World-Class Innovator

So I have a situation that I will be working on surfacing Unity Forms externally to users who won't have an OnBase account or Active Directory account. So I will be forced to hard code credentials into the Unity Form to surface it. However, this in turn is where the problem is and finding a way to validate the user authenticating is the appropriate user. So the thought was to add on a capability to do a passcode style authentication in order to validate the user that is access the form is truly them and not someone getting the form in the middle. This was brought to us and requested to see if we could do so by our Cybersecurity team.

Has anyone implemented something like this at all? If so, I would really really like to discuss this option with you if at all possible.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi @Ryan Wakefield ,

When you say "passcode authentication", I'm assuming you mean that the user would receive a passcode via email or text which would allow them to open a link which redirects the user to a page where they enter the passcode.  If so, there is no functionality in OnBase for this.  However, I'm sure there are third party products which would allow you to generate a passcode and deliver it to a user and then upon authentication redirect the user to a different web page (i.e. the Unity Form).

Best wishes.

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi @Ryan Wakefield ,

When you say "passcode authentication", I'm assuming you mean that the user would receive a passcode via email or text which would allow them to open a link which redirects the user to a page where they enter the passcode.  If so, there is no functionality in OnBase for this.  However, I'm sure there are third party products which would allow you to generate a passcode and deliver it to a user and then upon authentication redirect the user to a different web page (i.e. the Unity Form).

Best wishes.

I had a feeling this would be the answer. And yes, what you assumed is correct. I will definitely be adding an Idea out there to add this functionality as it would be a great security control addition.

Thanks Adam!

You are welcome @Ryan Wakefield