cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active Directory Real Name mapping

Nick_Johnson
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

When using Active Directory Integration, by default the OnBase Real Name is mapped to the Display Name in AD.  I am wondering if the Real Name can be mapped to First Name and Last Name instead, and if so how?

Thanks,
Nick

2 ACCEPTED ANSWERS

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the post.

That is not possible using the standard OnBase Active Directory integration.  Using the LDAP integration it is possible to configure mapping to specific attributes within the directory service, however, I would not typically recommend using this option unless absolutely necessary.

Take care,

View answer in original post

Mike_Saville
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

What we did on our site was I build a custom application using the Unity API that updates the users information in OnBase.  We compare the users realname and email address in OnBase to what is in AD and update approprately.

View answer in original post

5 REPLIES 5

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the post.

That is not possible using the standard OnBase Active Directory integration.  Using the LDAP integration it is possible to configure mapping to specific attributes within the directory service, however, I would not typically recommend using this option unless absolutely necessary.

Take care,

Mike_Saville
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

What we did on our site was I build a custom application using the Unity API that updates the users information in OnBase.  We compare the users realname and email address in OnBase to what is in AD and update approprately.

Kim_Lombard
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making
Hi there, We have the same issue here. Our user name is our employee ID. When looking up information in OnBase we constantly have to go and do a search for the name of the employee. We use our AD, but surely there is away we can map the username to the name and first name or an alias of sorts ? Thank you.

Tia_Brott-Silke
Star Contributor
Star Contributor
Using AD-enhanced, can OnBase user attributes be overridden with a literal value? In our OnBase test environment we want to turn on email notifications but want them to go to a test email address not the users real address. In other ECM products I have done this, but not sure if it's possible with OnBase. I also don't want to have to script this because the workflow scripts should remain the same between test and prod.

Thanks!