cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Keyword that is too long

Nina_Aust
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise
We have a customer who has some archived data that they want to bring into OnBase via DIP. One of the "keywords" on these documents that they would like brought in is over 500 characters long. As we all know this is far too long for a keyword in OnBase. Have any of you run into a situation like this before, any suggestions on how to easily keep this information?
16 REPLIES 16

Jay_MacVean
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator
Tough one. Even a document note is limited in characters so you can't push the values there. How about a pushing the characters into a HTML form that is new document type configured to have the same (some of ) keywords and setup a cross -reference from your primary document to this HTML document containing the 500 characters.Jay MacVeanHelp Desk Results Engineering

Nina_Aust
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise
Jay I like that idea but how would we automate that "pushing" of the characters onto the HTML form. We can use the keyword of project number to cross reference, however I can't think of a way to automate the creation of the HTML form and how to get that information onto it. We are DIPping in about 11,000 documents so I wouldn't want to have to do it manually. Do you think it could be done via Workflow?

Andrew_White2
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

The easiest way would be to configure two DIP processes, one to run your original import, then a second one to DIP the large field to a virtual E-form using the same index file.

Nina_Aust
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise
Andrew - DIPs only bring in keyword values, and keywords cannot be longer than 250 so how would I use DIP to bring that data?