cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way around the 2GB file size limit in OnBase (imposed by the database integer field length limitation)

Thilina_Random2
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Is there any way around the 2GB file size limit in OnBase (imposed by the database integer field length limitation)

5 REPLIES 5

Richard_Runner1
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ
Hello,

I don't see why you would want a file that large to be stored in your OnBase solution. As highlighted in the system administration MRG on page 244 for OnBase 16, it is recommended that you do not use such large file sizes.

This is essential when you are opening a document with your Application Server, as it may crash the application server and give you an error.

Thomas_Reu
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator
you might want to give the Hyland guys the OnBase version. It didn't matter before, but who knows with v16 or v17 upcoming...

Thomas_Reu
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator
Rich, I see a caution on p.244 to make sure the absolute limit of the media isn't used for the volume size, but I don't see anything that says: "never use a file over a set size limit because it may crash your appserver". Are you sure this is the sysadmin1600 mrg?

Scott_Johnson3
World-Class Innovator
World-Class Innovator

Hi Thilina

We faced the same issue and we contracted with Hyland to upgrade our DB to 64-bit (we were on 15 at the time).  It was not too expensive.

Good Luck

Scott