cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OBA and MAC Users

Rick_Mogan
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

I have several users that use Mac machines and run the MSOffice version for Mac.  The feedback I have recieved is that OBA for Mac's is not supported.  This is, of course, affecting the adoption of OnBase to the user community.  Assuming that my information is correct, what is the timeframe that Hyland has for closing this gap?

Thanks,

Rick Mogan

Director of Business Process Engineering

5 REPLIES 5

Colleen_Alber
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Hi Rick-

The OBAs are currently not supported on Mac.  Sorry.  Unfortunately, we don't have have time frame for if / when this will be avaialble.

I encourage you to log an enhancement request with your first line of support.

Colleen

Rick_Mogan
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Thanks for the reply concerning the OBA and it's compatibility with MAC OS.  If my users are running a VM of Windows on their MAC PC's,  Can OBA and the Outlook Integration module work if they run their MAC's in that mode?

Michael_Bernard
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi Rick,

Sorry for the delay in providing an answer to your question.

Using the OBAs inside a Windows VM on a Mac is not something we've tested internally, but we'd be happy to set up an environment so we can give you a definitive answer. I have a couple questions first:

What Operating System is the Mac running?

What Operating System is the Windows VM running?

What virtualization platform is being used to run the Windows Operating System?

Once we have this information, we can create a similar, if not identical, environment and give you the answer you're looking for.

Thanks,

Michael Bernardi

Kevin_Ledgiste1
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

OBA does work on a Mac inside a Windows VM. I also run the entire OnBase demo in a Windows VM on Mac which includes Doc Comp, Web Server, Unity Client, Document Knowledge Transfer, SharePoint integrations and Production Document Imaging with a scanner.