cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to use the collaborative mode of Office client in OnBase?

Johan_HUCLIN
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hello,

The collaborative mode of Office is really appreciated from our customers. Especially when the users have to work together on one document and see in "live" the modifications made by their peers.

Like this:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/office/collaborate-on-excel-workbooks-at-the-same-time-with-co-a...

I know the Office online WEB version is available in OnBase clients but the web version has some limits compared to the client one. This is why our customer ask for this.

Is it possible to "plug" the Office client version into OnBase in order to use the collaborative mode of office ?

Thanks in advance for your help,

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Paul_Morton
Employee
Employee

Johan,

To the best of my Knowledge this is not possible. Microsoft only allows their Web based applications to be integrated into other applications. this is done via their WOPI protocol which is what we use for our own Integrated Office Viewer solution that supports collaboration.

However, we do also offer the OnBase Office Business Application add-in for the Office client applications. We sometime refer to is as OBA or Office Integration. This does not embed the Office client into OnBase but it will launch the native Office client desktop application from OnBase when attempting to open an Office document. From there multiple people could then use the native office client collaboration features.

-Paul Morton
Product Owner, Hyland

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Paul_Morton
Employee
Employee

Johan,

To the best of my Knowledge this is not possible. Microsoft only allows their Web based applications to be integrated into other applications. this is done via their WOPI protocol which is what we use for our own Integrated Office Viewer solution that supports collaboration.

However, we do also offer the OnBase Office Business Application add-in for the Office client applications. We sometime refer to is as OBA or Office Integration. This does not embed the Office client into OnBase but it will launch the native Office client desktop application from OnBase when attempting to open an Office document. From there multiple people could then use the native office client collaboration features.

-Paul Morton
Product Owner, Hyland

Johan_HUCLIN
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hello Paul,

Thank you for your answer.

I guessed Microsoft only allowed their Web based applications to be integrated into other applications because I have not seen others apps doing it.

That is too bad that would be great!