cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

While installing EP3 VPD using SCCM package security warning is throwing up

Aswini_Sangaraj
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

MSI file has been added to trusted publisher still throwing certificate warnings. Also, cert expiration date is showing as 5/4/2022 so VPD doesnt work after 5/4 is that correct? How can we extend the cert expiration date?

22 REPLIES 22

Melissa_Foster
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

With VPD being version independent, the most recent version can be installed to work with whichever version of OnBase you're on.  We're just about to go live with EP5, and I would REALLY like to have the updated version when I push out the updated Unity Clients.  

The fact that the certificate is about to be expired, and this is not being resolved quicker is disappointing.  There's always talk about how secure Hyland products are, and yet in this instance, a foundational security component does not seem to be a priority.

Aswini_Sangaraj
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Does anyone know when Hyland is going to release the new VPD cert? 

Johnson_Dean
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Just a note, I was made aware that I needed to create a Support Ticket requesting to be notified when the new Cert was ready and then my FLOS is able to tie us to the development #FDTN-2130 for the cert update.

If you want to be notified thought I would share.

Dean

Christopher_Wi3
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Will the upcoming VPD software have any new functionality?  Or is it *just* the cert that's getting updated?

Thanks,

Chris

Amanda_Luceen
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Hi @Christopher Wilson,

The upcoming VPD software will not have any new functionality. It will only be the cert that is getting updated. 

HOWEVER, we did some tangential work for using VPD to print documents into the OnBase Web Client without using ActiveX functionality. That is tentatively scheduled for the 22.1 release. More information will be forthcoming as we get closer to the release. (This work didn't require any changes to VPD itself, which is why only the cert is being updated.)

To clarify the process for requesting a new cert a bit--

To get a new certificate, Hyland has to purchase / renew it from the issuing Certificate Authority (CA). However, most CAs won't renew an expiring certificate more than 30 (or so) days prior to the expiration date. Our sourcing department handles that request. The development team is checking with that department to see if we can request it any sooner in the future. 

That being said, we were able to get the new cert and get it into a new build of VPD. We will be testing it in the coming days and will post the new installer to Community once it passes testing. 

Cheers, 

Amanda

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.