cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

While installing EP3 VPD using SCCM package security warning is throwing up

Aswini_Sangaraj
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

MSI file has been added to trusted publisher still throwing certificate warnings. Also, cert expiration date is showing as 5/4/2022 so VPD doesnt work after 5/4 is that correct? How can we extend the cert expiration date?

22 REPLIES 22

Ryan_Wakefield
World-Class Innovator
World-Class Innovator

Thanks you Amanda. I was having my Account Manager digging into this as well. I have to admit that I wish that it would be ready earlier as it would give us a chance to get it in time to update our scripts and more before it expires, but it is what it is.

Thanks.

Rob_Keberdle
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

We started deploying VPD in version 13 and we trusted the certificate on all of our workstations.  We were told something similar, that VPD would not stop working but the packaged install would fail.  We've upgraded to version 15 to 17 and most recently EP3, not touching VPD or the certificate (which expired in May of 2015), and new machines receive the package just fine.  We'll probably wait until either there is a huge bug with it or Hyland figures out how to better deploy and communicate procedures before we touch it again.

Melissa_Foster
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

@Amanda Luceen , We are in mid April now.   Is there an updated release date for and updated VPD Installation package?

Thank you!

Amanda_Luceen
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Hi @Melissa Foster, I requested an update from our installer team and will post it here as soon as I get it. (From the ticket it doesn't look like we've gotten the cert at this point.) 

Note: the certificate only matters when installing VPD. (It's a trusted installer issue.) If you have VPD already installed you will have no issues when the cert expires. 

Cheers, 

Amanda

Ryan_Wakefield
World-Class Innovator
World-Class Innovator

The thing I want to note that I found out this morning is that the R&D team that is handling this put a comment in that Jira card referenced above how they are going to be putting it into a sprint closer to May. Now what this means, I have no clue. I did request from my FLOS person to see if we can figure out why they are putting off the creation of a security certificate so much when the creation of the certificate itself will probably take no more than 15mins I would assume.

The thing that I know might take a bit is they will need to update the certificate that is bundled with the VPD itself to be the new one. So this might be the reason for the delay and all or whatever. And I don't know if they are going to be putting the updated certificate in prior versions of the VPD outside of the current version (20.x) that is out there.

So just some notes and things that I found out @Melissa Foster and @Amanda Luceen . 🙂

Thanks.

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.