cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scanning

Walt_Lukasik1
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

I have a document type that can be 1 through x pages long and all the pages are identical from an OCR standpoint.  The only thing that differentiates Document A from Document B is that the patient label is different.  The are no doc type barcodes on any of the pages.  What is the best way to scan and index these docs?

Thanks,

Walt

17 REPLIES 17

Not applicable

Hi Walt,

Are you capturing the patient label as a keyword? If so you can use the option 'Keyword bar code indicates new document' on the bar code process configuration. Every time OnBase finds a keyword bar code it will create a new document.

Thanks,

Amanda

Walt_Lukasik1
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hi Amanda,

I tried as you suggested but to no avail.  I have one doc for one patient label that is 5 pages long.  The other is for a different patient and is 2 pages long.  My scan results continuously result in 1 document of 7 pages.  I'm not even picking up the patient info.  I guess that is why I'm not getting separate docs.

Walt

Eric_Beavers
Employee
Employee

Is the Patient Keyword set to Unique in the barcode field config? This caused me some grief in a simiar situation.

Not applicable

Hi Walt,

In the scanning progress window so you see it reading the bar code? If it is reading the bar code but not applying it to the keyword you may need to adjust your delta x and delta y settings (by increasing them) in order to correctly apply the value.

Thanks,

Amanda

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.