cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scanning license questions

Patty_Delmott
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

We have migrated from batch scanning to using import/acquire in the Unity Client.  We have 10 Kofax/Twain licenses, 2 ISIS/Twain licenses and 1 ISIS license plus 6 Workflow Workstation Client licenses.  We used to use VRS and I think that required a Kofax license.  I think PaperStream might require ISIS, but I'm not sure.  Can anyone explain the pros and cons between these licenses so I know which ones to keep?

Thanks!  Patty

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Cailen_Myers4
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hello Patty!

I think it depends on what kind of scanning you are doing to understand the pros and cons that these licenses would have for you organization. Do you scan barcodes, have any kind of special formats, etc?

Paperstream can be used as TWAIN or ISIS.

Kofax licenses you would need if using Kofax/VRS.

And the workflow licenses wouldn't apply to scanning, so you can take those out. 

I know this didn't help much, but I would be happy to talk through it with you!

Thanks!

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Cailen_Myers4
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hello Patty!

I think it depends on what kind of scanning you are doing to understand the pros and cons that these licenses would have for you organization. Do you scan barcodes, have any kind of special formats, etc?

Paperstream can be used as TWAIN or ISIS.

Kofax licenses you would need if using Kofax/VRS.

And the workflow licenses wouldn't apply to scanning, so you can take those out. 

I know this didn't help much, but I would be happy to talk through it with you!

Thanks!

Cailen,

We will be discontinuing barcodes and have no other special formats.  We don't have cold or dip either.  Thanks for your succinct answers!  Patty

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.