cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scan Queue as keyword

Kim_Amrhien
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

I need the scan queue to be added as a keyword.  I have seen the VB script that does this, but I must be slow... I am doing something wrong.  I need to know exactly how and where to add that script.  I have created the script, but I have run out of options as to where to run it.  Please help!

17 REPLIES 17

You could set it to run as a 'Scan Queue - Post-Scan' and/or 'Scan Queue - Sweep Document' script hook (either or both depending on how you're bringing documents into your scan queue).  Configuration | Queries | Script Hooks

Alternatively, if you don't assign document types until the indexing queue, you could run the script as a 'Scan Queue - Post Index' hook.

Kim_Amrhien
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Ok, now I'm not sure if I have the script correct.  Could you please suggest a script I can use for the post Index script hook.  Is there anything else I need to check when configuring the scan queue?

Try using this as a pre-index script (not post, because we want to use the keyword panel object to get the name of the scan queue).  Replace <keyword type name here> with the name of the keyword that you want to hold the scan queue name:

dim obapp

set obapp = CreateObject ("onbase.application")

dim panel

set panel = obapp.IndexKeywordPanel

dim scanqueuename

scanqueuename = panel.ScanQueue

dim panelkeys

set panelkeys = panel.Keywords

panelkeys.AddKeyword "<keyword type name here>", scanqueuename

panel.UpdateKeywords

set panelkeys = Nothing

set panel = Nothing

set obapp = Nothing

I get this error when I try...