cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Same Med Rec form mapped to two different doc types

Walt_Lukasik1
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

In setting up a form in automated indexing, there is an option to have the forms mapped to multiple doc types.  if these doc types are mapped to different Medical Record chart tabs, am I correct that the form will populate within the different chart tabs?

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2

Walt - a template can only set the processed document to one *output* document type (although a given template can be run against multiple *incoming* document types).

In your case, you'd probably want to have two templates that are exactly the same (i.e. copy one from the other) and then modify/add a form identification zone on one of them, whatever you need to detect to differentiate between the two different output document types. If one is more restrictive than the other (for example, both use the exact same set of form identification zones, but one of them uses AND conditions and the other uses OR conditiions) then you want to make sure the template precedence order puts them most restrictive -> least restrictive.

Yes - you can segregate the documents in a medical chart view into tabs, and the document types can be used to control under which tab each appears.

Walt_Lukasik1
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Thanks Steve.[quote user="Walt"]

In setting up a form in automated indexing, there is an option to have the forms mapped to multiple doc types.  if these doc types are mapped to different Medical Record chart tabs, am I correct that the form will populate within the different chart tabs?

Thanks,