cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run Advanced Capture on already imported documents (by document type would work)

Cameron_Parker
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Hello,

I have documents that have been batch processed already and are sitting in an intermediate document type. They will soon be re-indexed and moved to another document type. I am wondering if it is possible to call advanced capture on these documents as they are? They are not in a batch scanning queue or workflow queue.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Steve_Reed
Employee
Employee

Hi Cameron,

If it isn't possible to put these documents into a Workflow queue, but you can retrieve them into a document search list result (for example) then you could consider submitting them into the ad hoc Advanced Capture process - refer to the Advanced Capture MRG, the ad hoc process(es) are described under the Usage section 'Performing ad hoc Advanced Capture'.  Also refer to the Configuration and Administration sections for more information on setting up when/where the ad hoc processing will take place.

View answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Steve_Reed
Employee
Employee

Hi Cameron,

If it isn't possible to put these documents into a Workflow queue, but you can retrieve them into a document search list result (for example) then you could consider submitting them into the ad hoc Advanced Capture process - refer to the Advanced Capture MRG, the ad hoc process(es) are described under the Usage section 'Performing ad hoc Advanced Capture'.  Also refer to the Configuration and Administration sections for more information on setting up when/where the ad hoc processing will take place.

Thank you so much! 

Have a great day!

Cameron_Parker
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Hello,

Thank you for the quick reply. I am seeing the option you speak of now in the OnBase Client (Thick Client). Do you see any issues with me selecting a fairly large number of documents (couple thousand) and kicking off Advanced Capture on them that way? 

Generally speaking, should be ok - how long it takes for these documents to be processed will be a function of how many Advanced Capture processing client(s) you have set up, the hardware specs of these machine(s) and what other work they are doing.