cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Patch Code Sheets

Nathan_Dillinge
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Ok, am new to the patch code separator pages. We have been using blank page separators as long as I can remember.

Does anyone know where I can get patch code sheets to test with? 

Do patch codes work as simply as blank page separation? 

I assume that patch codes work 99.9% of the time where blank page separation does not due to a number of reasons. 

Thanks for your help.

The Document Imaging Module guides does not have examples of patch code pages. I does explain about setting them up and requirements in the licensing and software. 

12 REPLIES 12

Daniel_Anderso1
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

They are readily available on the internet. I use ones that I got from the Kodak site. I have never used blank pages, but I would think they would be more reliable than blank pages. You configure them in the same area that you do the blank pages seperation in the scan queue. Here is a link:

http://www.alliancegroup.co.uk/files/patch-code-t.pdf

Nathan_Dillinge
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Thank you so much. I downloaded the page, printed it, configured the Scan Queue and it separated on first try. 

That was way to easy to do. 

I feel bad my organization has not used these before, it would have saved a lot of head ache configuring blank pages. However, we are making moves toward Bar Coding. It is my understanding that Bar Codes and Patch Codes cannot run through the same Scan Queue. 

Appreciate the help Dan. 

You can use bar codes and patch codes in the same scan queue, although generally speaking if you can use the bar codes to do the document separation and the document classification, then you probably won't need to also use patch codes simultaneously.

Daniel_Anderso1
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Steve is right that you are typically going to use a barcode to seperate if you have one. The only time that I have used patch codes and barcodes in the same scan queue is a situation where the client has a barcode on the document, but it is not on the first page of the document. The barcode is somewhere on one of the pages of a particular document and is a keyord value. In that instance, I used patch code sheets to seperate documents and had a barcodee process that read the keyword and applied it to the document.