cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Patch Codes not working on new FI-7700 docum,ent using OnBase Thick Client Batch Scanning process

Pam_Smith1
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

We purchased a new scanner FI-7700 and the same patch codes used before with the same scan queue in the V17 SP2 OnBase Thick Client scanning process is not longer working. Scan queue has been used for a long time just installed new scanner. Reached out to Fujitsu support and they said it has to be an OnBase setting.  What am I missing to get this working?

5 REPLIES 5

Susan_Ruttenber
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Are you sure in the PaperStream layer that  you have it set to 300 DPI? On another section in PaperStream you have to tell it that there is a Patch page or a Barcode to be read.     If you installed the scanner with the PaperStream default I would check the DPI first.     If you have provided a new PC with the new scanner then it would be the Pegasus software that needs installed as well.   However if same PC and just a new scanner, then it is a PaperStream setting in the scan format this needs to be adjusted. 

In the bottom left corner in the thick client in a scan queue you should also see verbiage that states either Barcode processing in enabled or Patch Pages are enabled.    

Ray_Gerwig
World-Class Innovator
World-Class Innovator

Hi Pam.  If all else is the same, I suspect the new scan format needs to be set to bring all the pages in as One Document per batch.  This allows OnBase to perform the document separation using the patch codes. 

Hi Ray,  this scan format is set to bring all pages in as one document.  We have OnBase locally installed, upgraded from a Fujitsu 5750 to a Fujitsu 7700 - Paperstream IP (Twain x64) Version 1.48.0.5976 and Kofax VRS 5.2

Marek_Aksamit
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hello,

You can try few things:

- (TWAIN x64) will ONLY work with 64-bit applications - if you are using 32bit OnBase Think Client, I would suggest re-installing PaperStream IP (TWAIN) driver

-please make sure the correct  .ds file is created (scanner plugged in and powered on) in C:\windows\twain_32\Fjicube. If it's fi-7700 the file name should be in the following format: Fjic58xx.ds (this file will disappear when the scanner is powered off or disconnected)

- Please try to re-install Hyland Barcode Recognition Software – I would contact Hyland to make sure the version is compatible with your current OnBase Client version.

-As suggested by Ray, I would re-create the scan formats

Thanks

Marek