cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do your scanners, indexers, QA'rs communicate with each other regarding batches and documents w/ issues?

Crystal_Silva
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

In the world of remote working we need to get creative with ways to communicate. I'm exploring options for users to communicate questions or issues related to batches, documents or pages with each other from within Unity Client.

Here's a couple things we are exploring:

1) Notes - Custom electronic notes applied to documents 

- Pros: Free type and restricted by user group

- Cons: No way to know if a document has a note until you are in the batch

2) Batch Renaming - 

- Pros: Free text and easy to find

- Cons: Can be easily changed and hard to audit

3) Internal Mail

- Pros: Notification of email and free text

- Cons: Can't attach unindexed documents for review

Just wondering what other users are doing?

5 REPLIES 5

Michelle_Troxel
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hi - We rename the batches. If there is an issue, we rename it to "prb - mrn" or "prb - insurance". They move individual documents to a separate batch if necessary so the rest of the batch can be completed. Individual users rename a batch that they are going to work on with their initials. 

I was going to say you could see who changed a batch name in the db but you can't. I just checked. Too bad!

We have tried the Notes but they forgot to remove them. In healthcare, that is bad so we stopped doing that.

Michelle

Hey @Michelle Troxell and @Crystal Brush ,

Yes, you can tell who renamed a batch by querying the database. The query to use is:

select batchnum,username,messagetext,logdate from hsi.processinglog pl
inner join hsi.useraccount ua on ua.usernum=pl.usernum
where batchnum=[number]

You would just need to replace the "[number]" with the batch number you are looking for.

NOTE: This is for MSSQL, not Oracle.

Crystal_Silva
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Thanks for sharing you experience @Michelle Troxell

We've struggled with moving individual documents to another batch since the document needs to be indexed prior to moving to another batch. Is this an issue for you or do you just index it and not commit? 

In regards to the eNotes, I only gave our HIM user groups access to view the Notes so if they forget to remove them it shouldn't really be an issue (I hope). All Epic Users group cannot view these notes. 

Crystal_Silva
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

@Michelle Troxell What feature do you use to move individual documents to a separate batch? I see the "Index and Add to Separate Batch" button. We would like to  be able to move unindexed documents to another batch.