cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

form definition locked

David_Griego
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

I feel like I'm overlooking something really obvious but I have been unable to find this lock for two days.

When I try to go in and modify an Advanced Capture form I created a few months ago, I can load it up and run documents through it.  However I am unable to modify it.  I want to move some capture areas around a little but every time I try I get a warning "the current form definition is locked and cannot be modified".

When I click on FORM DEFINITION, the yellow balloon brings up all the data but in all red also says "Template Configuration is locked"

I've tried clicking and right clicking on everything I can find to try to release this lock but am unable to find this.  There is nothing showing in PROCESS LOCKS.  And we have even rebooted the server to no avail.

Please help

-David

3 REPLIES 3

Hi David,

If there's no stranded process locks, then it may be that the form isn't assigned to any user group that you belong to under the form definition | configuration user groups option.  If you aren't currently using a user account that belongs to the MANAGER group, perhaps try with an account (if you can) that is part of the MANAGER group, and see if this account can access the form.  If so, then take a look at the configuration user groups assigned to the form and perhaps they need to be modified (or removed completely, meaning all users with access to advanced capture configuration can modify this form).  It also may be that the user account you are using to check the process locks may not be allowed to see locks from other users...in this case, again I would recommend trying to use a MANAGER level account, if possible.

Thank you for the reply Steve

However, the MANAGER group is the only group my account is part of.  And I created this particular form with this account.  I've been able to go in and modify it in the past but all of a sudden it's got this darn lock on it.  I can access and modify other AdvCapture forms without a problem.

Hi David, I'd suggest give your support team a call - there may be some wayward process locks or user group assignments for this form that became corrupted in the database and aren't showing up in the configuration interface as would be expected.  It may be necessary for support to help you with some manual intervention to clean these up.