cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the Scan Queue -> Capture option "Unique Bar Code Keyword Match" work with barcode scripts?

Grant_Wong1
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

If I read the MRG correctly, this setting allows us to append scanned pages with the same barcode value into the same document presuming we set the value to UNIQUE in the barcode process (and probably using the "Only Match in Same Batch" checkbox so it only applies to the current scan).

Can we use this function with barcode scripts?  Our PDF417 barcode is a compound value that we parse with a script into separate keywords.  Each barcode page will have a unique code, but one of those keywords will match across multiple docs.

Testing seems to show that this doesn't work as desired with my PDF417 barcode.  Is there a workaround?  Or am I using it wrong?

If I'm using it as designed, does the setting rely on the barcode value read in?  Or does it reference the keyword value?  Or is it a return code from the script?

One other detail - we're using Disconnected Scanning.

6 REPLIES 6

Thanks Steve!

I gave this a try. After upload, the batch is still single paged. I tried committing (no difference) and I tried reindexing the batch in thick-client (no difference).

Anything else you can suggest?

I'd suggest contacting your support team to investigate - there is an outstanding issue reported under SCR 169625 that might be related to what you're seeing.
Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.