cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document size/page number limits when using the VPD

Sharon_Weber1
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

We are running into issues when we attempt to print a 500+ page PDF to our VPD.  It will begin to write the file and then give an error.  After clicking on the error message:  (1) the spool directory has a partial file and (2) the virtual printer is listed as having one document still to be printed. 

Note:  We are not using the print monitor functionality. 

Before I call support, I wanted to check to see if there are any know limitations or if anyone else has run into this before. 

Here's what the error looks like from the event manager:

Faulting application spoolsv.exe, version 5.1.2600.6024, faulting module HSIPRN.dll, version 11.0.16.1000, fault address 0x000033a5.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Not applicable

Hi Sharon,

Internally we have previously experienced the problem when trying to print documents with several hundreds pages using VPD.

There is even an SCR for address it but I believe we have never considered it critical due hypothetical nature of printing such as large document in a business process. If you could call suport and share as much information as possible about the business process involve, it would definitely help us prioritize this.

An immediate workaround would be to print something like 150-200 pages at the time and  then append pages to the previously imported document.

thanks,

Giuseppe

Sharon_Weber1
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Thanks Giuseppe!  This is helpful information. 

For grins, I uninstalled v11 and installed the v12 VPD files.  I am no longer getting the error. (Which is great!)  However, I do notice that there is a pause at page 199.  After a short pause, the document appears to continue printing and then prints to completion. 

I will test some more to see if this is something that we can work with. 

Thanks

-Sharon