cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discard Blank Pages Not Working Consistantly

JanetJenkinsATL
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

We are processing barcodes using a Multi Function Copier (MFC) and the Sweep.  We are converting the batch from PDF to TIF  before we process the barcode. When I scan one-sided documents using the two-sided document function on the MFC alone the blank pages are discarded as expected. When I scan two-sided documents mixed with one-sided documents some of the blank pages from the one-sided documents are not discarded as expected.

I have the blank threshold set at 2500 bytes. Should this number be smaller to ensure blank pages are discarded?

1 REPLY 1

Jason_Jackman
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hi Janet,

You would want to set that number higher based on the file sizes of the blank pages. When you process the batch in Document Imaging, the bottom left information window will provide the size of the files in bytes. If for example the file size is around 2800 bytes, you would want to set your blank threshold to be higher than that. Also look at the file sizes of documents that are not blank pages and make sure you do not set your blank threshold so high that it could remove pages that are not blank.

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.