cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default Value adding additional Values for keyword

Heather_MacAski
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

In an earlier post "How to Show Default Value in a Keyword" I found that I could add a default value on a keyword under Document Type Configuration > Pick Document Type > Keyword Types > Options > Select Keyword Type > enter the default keyword value.

This is exactly what I want, because I have a field value (Packet Suffix).  This value for most documents will be "A", however there are times when the indexer will have to enter "B", "C", "D" etc.  There will always only be that one letter value.

The "A" is now showing for that keyword so the indexer can bypass that field for that one document.  However, when the indexer has multiple documents in that batch and the other documents need a "B", "C" or "D", the previous keyword entered is carried over as an additional keyword. 

So for example, the first document shows the Packet Suffix as "A".  After the next document is indexed as Packet Suffix "B" and then moved to the third document to index I can see the Packet Suffix for the second document indexed as "B" shows two Packet Suffix keywords "A" and "B".  I was hoping the "A" would not carry over to the next document and just be replaced by the value that was entered.

I hope this makes sense.  Is there something I can do to correct this or is the way it is supposed to work?

7 REPLIES 7

Not applicable

Hi Heather,

Do you have 'keep keywords' selected on the scan queue?

Thanks,

Amanda

Heather_MacAski
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Yes I have keep keywords selected, Keep When Indexing/Document Type Change and Keep Common Keywords.  I have other keywords that are indexed in this scan queue that I want to bring over to the next document. 

I unchecked the 'Keep Keywords" option but both keywords still carry over to the next document.

Not applicable

Hi Heather,

Both the 'keep keywords' and 'keep common keywords' options will carry over keywords from the indexed document to the next document in the batch. If you have other keywords you need to carry over I would suggest leaving those options selected as it is probably easier to delete one character than to type in multiple keywords.

Thanks,

Amanda 

Heather_MacAski
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

We are replacing the "A" with the "B" etc when we are indexnig but both keywords are still being carried over.  Do you mean that our only option would be to delete the  additional keywords after being indexed?