cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advanced Capture Reading code behinddata instead of data itself

Kristi_Duenas
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

I am attempting to import data from a Docusign Document that is being created from a feed.

Unfortunately Docusign is sending the feed field AND the data.

I would like to set the field to ignore the feed field name and only read the subsequent data. I have tried options on the field setup, but have not been able to determine how to set it up to ignore the leading characters.Only the bold text is desired. The rest is extra.

/PZVCONT_TITLE// FES – MECHANICAL ENGINEERING  (See output below for additional examples.  Some work some do not.) 

Thoughts or ideas?

What I see in AC:

d3ecc757d0234ed5a9a263fe19ab04ed

The field data that AC recognizes.

5e58fd0eb8ea458eb087418a62276426

8 REPLIES 8

Steve_Reed
Employee
Employee

Hi Kristi,

Have you tried setting this zone to be 'find by tag' and then use "/PZVCONT_TITLE//" as the tag?  (I'm assuming this specific value in the leader is always the same.  If the letters change, but still always ends in a double forward slash, then you could also just use the double forward slash by itself as the tag).  Note: in order for this to work, when you specify the tag value in the entry field of the zone configuration, make sure you enclose it in double quote marks so the engine knows to interpret it is a literal string, and not a regular expression.

Thank you for the suggestion, Steve!

I tried it and now I am only getting blank returns instead of data.

Thoughts?

It looks like this one is reading the prefix code with tildes instead of forward slashes as in the previous example description...which may be why it isn't finding the value by the tag (unless you adjusted the tag to account for tildes?).  In any case, another way you could try to extract just the data you want in cases like this would be to use 'find matching regular expression' instead of trying to 'find near tag'.  For example with this one, try changing the zone type to find matching expression, and set the expression to \w\w\s?\d\d\d\d  (not enclosed in quotes, because now we want it interpreted as an expression).  This should tell the engine to only extract what looks like two letters, maybe a space or maybe not, followed by four digits.  If this works the way you want for this field, you could expand the concept to the other fields as well, by adjusting the expression to suit the format of the other fields as well (based on what the desired text looks like after the unwanted prefix value).