cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sweep Path/Settings in the Hyperdrive vs Hyperspace on Citrix

Peter_Hanson
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

We're having some trouble maintaining the users selected Sweep Path during an Epic session (a session being as long as user is logged-in to Epic). 

In Hyperdrive, we've discovered that when scanning in a document to the document list, the Scan Acquisition Control Window is currently resetting to default [Twain] after each document that has been scanned.   However, in the Hyperspace classic, when the scan method was updated to Sweep, this setting would stay as Sweep and maintain the path the user selected to sweep from until Epic is logged out. 

Is there something anyone has encountered that might control this behavior? 

Hyperdrive technical folks are suggesting this can be controlled by the Epic Integrations Config file, but since we don't want the sweep path to be fixed (for instance T:\Epic Scans), I don't see an option with that.  

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

CurtisFox
Employee
Employee

Hi @Pete - Thank you for bringing this up here. This issue was a somewhat recent discovery for us and you helped me realize that this was worth posting about in the Hyperdrive Wiki. I made a new page in the Troubleshooting section: SAS Will Not Retain Settings Between Launches. It's rather dense, but I wanted to provide context for what changed and why the various solutions are necessary. If any of the posted solutions do not work for you, please reach out to your first line of support to troubleshoot further (and reference the wiki page). 

View answer in original post

15 REPLIES 15

CurtisFox
Employee
Employee

Hi @Pete - Thank you for bringing this up here. This issue was a somewhat recent discovery for us and you helped me realize that this was worth posting about in the Hyperdrive Wiki. I made a new page in the Troubleshooting section: SAS Will Not Retain Settings Between Launches. It's rather dense, but I wanted to provide context for what changed and why the various solutions are necessary. If any of the posted solutions do not work for you, please reach out to your first line of support to troubleshoot further (and reference the wiki page). 

@Curtis Fox  - Thanks for sharing this.  Would you mind clarifying the third bullet point in Option 1; 

• Propagate default SAS settings to HKCU instead of HKLM.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   Is this stating the achieved goal of changing the ScanHKCU setting... or an action item?  

Hi @Pete - sure thing! That's potentially a separate action item. For example, say you're currently setting default settings in HKLM in your environments, e.g., a Citrix master/gold image, and then pushing that out and expecting SAS to use those settings on initial launch. Once you change the ScanHKCU setting to 1, SAS will no longer read/use the HKLM settings, it will be looking in HKCU instead. So, it may be necessary to use something like Group Policy, or some sort of login script, to set those default registry keys for the users once they login. There may be other ways to accomplish this, but those are a couple that may work. We do not have a preference on how they get set in HKCU, but if you want to define default settings for users, this will have to be done.

Does this also apply to FOS? I've been struggling with FOS not retaining the path as well.

Thanks!