Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scan control is already active error

Michelle_Troxel
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hi,

We have 2 users who are getting an error when trying to scan in Epic via FOS. We opened a ticket with Epic but they said they thought it was an OnBase issue as they have other customers who have had the same error. The way we have it set up is from the documents table in Epic registration, they click on the Acquire Patient Scan button to get to FOS. Then they get an error:
Third-party Scan Acquisition. The system has encountered a problem. The following error occurred while scanning: Scan control is already active and modal, cannot re-enter. 

They only get this error in registration, not in Media Manager so I don't understand how it could be an OnBase issue. The 2 users are on the same security template. It started happening after our latest SU and no OnBase changes.

Anyone else seen this? I thought I would ask here since Epic said other customers have had the issue. 

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

aboucher
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Michelle Troxell,

While researching this error, I discovered that you have a case open for this issue with Hyland Support. I am now following this case.    I have not seen any other support cases reporting the "Scan control is already active..." error.  Once your support case is resolved, I will post the answer here so other community members can see the resolution given to you.  

Meanwhile, this community question is still open for all other community members to share their experience with this error. 

Thanks,

~Alan

Thanks Alan. It's odd that Epic says they have seen the error but Hyland doesn't have record of it. Support told me the same as you.

Michelle_Troxel
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Epic told us that it happens when customers double click the Acquire Patient Scan (registration) button. One of my customers agreed and is fixed. My other customer is still having issues even though she says she clicks only once. I did see some activity in Diagnostic console and am awaiting FLOS to review. Not sure why it suddenly started happening since users don't usually change their habits. I'm suspecting the last SU we had but have not confirmed. We can recreate on demand in lower environments under certain templates. Personally I could not get it to happen under my Epic builder sign on, only under other security templates.

Thanks for the update @Michelle Troxell!