cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pam_Smith1
Star Contributor
Star Contributor
Does anyone have a report that lists documents that were viewed in Epic for a given date range. We have an upcoming extended OnBase Upgrade downtime approaching and are wondering just how many scanned documents are viewed from Epic. How do you all handle the viewing of the images in a downtime situation?ThanksPam SmithDeaconess Heath SystemEvansville, Indiana
2 REPLIES 2

Alison_Bush1
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

What we do to figure this out, is in Report Services going under the reporting group of 'Transaction Log Reports' --> 'Document and Folder History Transactions'.  In this report I grab the action of 'Viewed Document' and the user group the epic users are added to in our case it is "ALL EPIC USERS".  You could always run this report in the client as well but I like that with report services you can save as an excel file.

For OnBase downtime we try and schedule during a time frame that appears to have an average low number of views but when it is down we have no clever way of viewing the documents.  But I would be interested to hear if someone else does.

Mike_Saville
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Just be careful with Alison's suggestion because if a user is in the "ALL EPIC USERS" group and in another group, the report would show documents that were retrieved by the user from within OnBase also, not just the ones retrieved from Epic.

I've yet to figure out a good way of reporting on this myself.