cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advanced Import process

Angele_Djogou
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Need to file 2 documents that are in separate file format, one is a pdf report and the other is a jpeg (image). Both are from the same sending system via HL7 message, same patient, just that one is a pdf report and the other is an image/a picture. Our interface team can send one message with the base64 pdf in a separate segment and the base64 jpeg in another.

Can I use one document type in my advance import process, or is it best to create 2 doc types with their own default file format?

thanks

1 REPLY 1

Aaron_Truskot
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi Angele, 

Typically, we think of Document Types as being independent from File Formats. So it's best to classify the documents using the correct Document Type and then appropriately set the File Format. If you believe that both reports should be in the same Document Type then I would suggest using a single Document Type to manage both documents. 

When using Advanced Document Import,  the "One document per segment" setting will pull in the the two files and create two new documents. In your messages, each segment should include a value for $$DOCTYPE so that each document can map to different combinations of Document Type and File Format.

You'll need to have two distinct values that will be used as a combination of Document Type + File Format. For example:

OBX||Image Report|||<jpeg file>|||
OBX||PDF Report|||<PDF file>|||

Then in your mapping configuration you can set "Image Report" and "PDF Report" values to map to different combinations of Document Type and File Format. 

0d2160de64414a23a36585bcab1eb6af

Regards,
Aaron