Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Official Epic Hyperdrive Discussion Post

Julia_Tabaj
Employee
Employee

Hello Everyone. 

We want to thank you for your valuable participation in this thread as well as everywhere else that you engage on Community. We were recently able to have a new topic added to Community for Forum posts, which is simply titled "Hyperdrive". This will enable us to build a collection of Forum posts, both Q&A and Discussion types, specifically for Hyperdrive. Example: 

9f27850afb204a51a2d01e95521b2e78

In addition, using separate Forum posts with the Hyperdrive topic will better support answering specific questions or discussing issues/concerns/best practices in their own threads instead of here in this long thread, where information is more likely to get lost.

For current/ongoing discussions that are already taking place in this thread, please feel free to continue to use it or start a new Integration for Epic Forum post with the Hyperdrive topic (when applicable).

In the future, we will add a final post to this thread notifying you that it's locked to new replies and asking that we create new Forum posts with the Hyperdrive topic instead.

To create a new Forum post with the Hyperdrive topic:

1. Navigate to the Integration for Epic Forum

2. Click 955ee58df4964c40a00e5be93c0f22dd

3. In the Topic field, choose "Hyperdrive" from the dropdown menu.

7035365691304017a836bb8cd36bafe3

If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out. If you have any issues using this functionality, please reach out to Community Support

242 REPLIES 242

Julia_Tabaj
Employee
Employee

Hi @Ashley Ljubi . There isn't a requirement to use or move away from Citrix for FOS or SAS. It is similar to the deployment method used today. If you are accessing Epic through Citrix for scanning, FOS/SAS should be installed there. If you are not using Citrix, FOS/SAS need to be installed on any machine that can integrated scan, like they would have to in a non-hyperdrive environment without Citrix. 

FOS and SAS need to interact with the scanner driver installed on the local scanning machine which is why there is still a technical footprint. This is different that Healthcare Web Viewer (viewing) and DefPop for Epic (deficiencies) which with Hyperdrive are all web based. 

Ryan_Wakefield
World-Class Innovator
World-Class Innovator

Another question I would like to ask (and yes I know I asked it in the recent webinar), but I want to ask it here.

With the new Healthcare Web Viewer, I know in the original release it was pointing directly to the Application Server itself, similar to how it does it today. However, I will note that it has been mentioned that it will eventually being pointed directly to the Web Servers since it is going to be a web based program. Since currently we can easily spin up additional application servers as we see fit (since there is no real licensing needed), that is fine and dandy, but in order to spin up additional Web Servers requires the purchasing of additional licensing.

Is Hyland looking to make any sort of changes in how licensing will be performed? This is specifically for the Web Servers since this could mean some customers (especially those of us on-prem still) could need to spin up additional Web Servers to handle the additional traffic.

Thanks.

Michelle_Troxel
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

I know the question was asked about Citrix. Has this been certified for use on Horizon as well for FOS and Docpop?

thanks!

CurtisFox
Employee
Employee

Another question I would like to ask (and yes I know I asked it in the recent webinar), but I want to ask it here. With the new Healthcare Web Viewer, I know in the original release it was pointing directly to the Application Server itself, similar to how it does it today. However, I will note that it has been mentioned that it will eventually being pointed directly to the Web Servers since it is going to be a web based program. Since currently we can easily spin up additional application servers as we see fit (since there is no real licensing needed), that is fine and dandy, but in order to spin up additional Web Servers requires the purchasing of additional licensing. Is Hyland looking to make any sort of changes in how licensing will be performed? This is specifically for the Web Servers since this could mean some customers (especially those of us on-prem still) could need to spin up additional Web Servers to handle the additional traffic. Thanks.

Hi @Ryan

I definitely understand your concern with potentially needing additional Web Server licenses to handle the increased volume/traffic as you move to the Healthcare Web Viewer. I have put the question out to some resources at Hyland and will follow up here when I have more information. 

Thanks!

CurtisFox
Employee
Employee

I know the question was asked about Citrix. Has this been certified for use on Horizon as well for FOS and Docpop? thanks!

Hello @Michelle

We don't certify the integration with any virtualization platform. However, we would expect the Hyperdrive integration to continue to work as your Hyperspace integration does today. Of course, if you run into any issues using it on Horizon, please don't hesitate to reach out to Support. We do not anticipate there being any issues with Horizon at this time.