cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with mapping document types for Advanced Document Import

Jim_Wysocki
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

I'm working on a new inbound MDM interface and I'm having an issue mapping 2 document types when the value in TXA-2 contains a backslash.  For example: H\T\P.  Is there something special I need to do to get OnBase to match?  I tried mapping H\T\P and even H\\T\\P, but nothing seems to work and the sending source claims they can't remove the backslashes.  All the other document types they send without backslashes map just fine.

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

David_Juhlin
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Jim,

HL7 messages include special characters, defined at the beginning of the MSH: MSH|^~\&|

You need to properly escape characters in that list if you are using them as literals.

For example, a UNC path would use something like this: \E\\E\hostname\E\directory name\E\filename.ext, where the \E\ is the escape sequence for \.

In your case, \T\ is an escape character for the ampersand (&), so what the source is really sending is "H&P".  Try mapping to that and see how it goes.

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

David_Juhlin
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Jim,

HL7 messages include special characters, defined at the beginning of the MSH: MSH|^~\&|

You need to properly escape characters in that list if you are using them as literals.

For example, a UNC path would use something like this: \E\\E\hostname\E\directory name\E\filename.ext, where the \E\ is the escape sequence for \.

In your case, \T\ is an escape character for the ampersand (&), so what the source is really sending is "H&P".  Try mapping to that and see how it goes.

Holy cow @David Juhlin , this is really cool to know. Any chance you have a link to something somewhere that would outline what other escapes are available out there?

Believe it or not, page 49 of Hyland's HL7 MRG for V21 mentions this one in particular.

Another source that lists more (all?) of the escape patterns:

https://docs.intersystems.com/latest/csp/docbook/DocBook.UI.Page.cls?KEY=EHL72_escape_sequences

If you don't like/trust that site, then simply search the internet for "HL7 Escape characters" and find a site you trust.  (I learned all this when we upgraded to V18, but don't recall the sources I used at the time.)