Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration for Allscripts

Jaime_Perez1
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hello Everyone

Our company has two business lines in Allscripts called Hospice and Home Health.  We currently have Integration for Allscripts configured for our Hospice business line with a field application called Hospice Medical Records that both our host and field users can use to access patient medical records, via the AllDocs button in Allscripts.  We are currently adding the Home Health business line into OnBase/AllDocs and we want to keep the the business lines completely separate with their our disk groups, document type groups, document types, foldering, and Integration for Allscripts field application.  We do have two licenses for Integration for Allscripts; however, when we tried to configure the new field application for Home Health Medical Records; the "Host Mode Folder Type," "Host ModeFoldering Enable Checkbox," and the "User Mapping Settings" are missing. 

Has anyone had any experience configuring more than one field application for Integration for Allscripts?  Is there someting that we are missing?

Thank you for your help,

Jaime Perez  

3 REPLIES 3

John_Crum
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hi Jaime,

The Integration for Allscripts is not a product that can have more than one instance per database. 

The Integration for Allscripts is built on the foundation of the Unity Briefcase.  Which is a separate module from the Integration for Allscripts, but you have that functionality due to owning the Integration for Allscripts. 

When you are attempting to add a new Field Application for the Integration for Allscripts, you are actually just adding a new field application in terms of the Unity Briefcase.  The options you mentioned that are missing are specific settings that are only available to the Allscripts Homecare system default field application.  These will not be available when adding a new field application. 

For your scenario, I would suggest setting up a folder structure like this to accommodate multiple lines of business:

[Name of Company]

Hospice

Patient

Folder1

Folder 2

Folder 3

Etc…

Home Health

Patient

Folder1

Folder 2

Folder 3

Etc…

If configured like this you will be able to access all of your information from one folder structure within the same OnBase database. 

Please let me know if you have any questions.

John Crum

Tech Support

Hi John

Thank you for the clarification.  I will configure the foldering so that we can accommodate both business lines.  I noticed that we have 2 licenses for integration for Allscripts.  I assume one is for host mode integration and one is for field integration. Is that correct?

Thak you for your help.

Jaime Perez

John_Crum
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

You're Welcome Jaime,

In regards to your licensing question, I will have to refer you to your first line of support.  We do not want to put customer specific information on Community for all to read. 

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks.

John