cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Healthcare document corrections

Amy_Lupkes
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Looking to connect with organizations that have implemented the latest document corrections for healthcare.   Our organization has the original document corrections with the sticky note, that disappears after the document is corrected.  Bad, I know.   We are on a tight budget and will not pay for Services to implement, but cannot find a MRG or any build related documentation.  Was hoping someone would be willing to share their knowledge so we can try to do it ourselves.

Thanks for the help!

21 REPLIES 21

Corinthia_Lill1
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Hi Sarah!

I'd really like to better understand why a copy of a document is made when the correction is only for changing the doc type.  Could a T02 be sent with the updated doc type rather than a T11 for the original and a T02 for the new/copied document?

Thanks!
Corinthia

Ryan_Craig1
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Sarah, I'm interested in Corinthia's item as well. We tried working with Epic and it seems they don't process T08s which seem appropriate for this. T02s cannot update the doctype in Epic either.

Other concerns I have relate to the document correction request form being launched within the Epic viewer. When building my custom form and DC workflow solution, I encountered the following which seem to be consistent with Hyland versions too:

The form as filled out in the Epic Viewer window does not allow the following keyboard functions: TAB, DELETE, or CTRL+V for pasting (right click paste works though). As a result, keyboard users tend to dislike the solution.

I'd like to see Hyland make a push for Epic to make the integrated solution better by addressing these items.

Lastly, our organization uses the thick client still (I know, I know) which forces us to use the Split Document action in workflow. The Split Document action does not 'fill document handle keywords' like the Copy Document action does which results in the inability to capture the new document handle of the split document (DH does not fill on original document that the split action is used on). SCR# 321523 has been created for this as of 7/16/2019.

The Document Correction solution has been around for a while and I don't really expect any urgency on that Split Document action but I would say a large user base over various organizations would like for Epic to address the viewer window keyboard limitations and updating doctypes via a T02 or T08. Sending a T11 then a T02 with the doctype Filed in Error results in excessive processing for OnBase, the interface engine, and Epic.

Tamar_Abraham
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hi All,

In reviewing this thread, I was wondering if anyone has some sample documentation / user tip sheets they have put together for their user base to perform the OnBase Unity document corrections workflow.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Hi Tamar, 

It's not quite a tip/sheet or documentation, but we do have a new e-learning course available with Premium Subscription for the standard (newer) Healthcare Corrections workflow deployed by Hyland:

https://training.hyland.com/courses/P1590-Healthcare-Performing-Corrections-in-OnBase

Thanks, 

Sarah

Tamar_Abraham
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Thanks, Sarah!