cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Color Code Updated Data On Unity Form Once It Has Updated Through Workflow

Michael_Casteel
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

No idea if this is possible but here goes. Our current process is a PDF is swept into OnBase and run through advanced capture, scraping several important data points from a multi-page document into keywords and then sent to a workflow lifecycle. Once the PDF is in the workflow a Unity Form (Summary Form) is created and those keywords obtained through Advanced Capture are added to the Unity Form for teams to easily review/approve the data. 

Often the scenario the data that came over on the PDF is either incorrect and/or will change as time goes on. If data is needing to be updated a new PDF with corrected information is swept into OnBase, ran through advanced capture, placed back into the workflow -  but instead of creating a new Unity Form it locates and updates the existing one in the workflow making it ready for re-reviewed/approval. 

The idea is when a new PDF comes in and updates the existing Unity Form, is there a way to determine which of the keywords has been updated and color code that Unity Form text box? This will allow the end user to clearly visualize what data has been updated on the Unity Form by seeing the color coded field.

Example:

Unity Form with information from first PDF sheet

5a5333a5a05e43ed97c3f9f6a2f0f18f

Unity Form with information from possible 2nd PDF sheet. Trade Price was changed and has been updated on the Unity Form, highlighting it yellow for visualization

968e8eb1809941d6879688cb5b7bd3a0

Unity Form with information from possible 3rd PDF sheet. Escrow Account Deposit has been updated from $5,000 to $3,000 and it highlights yellow for visualization. Since Trade Price was updated due to a 2nd PDF sheet so it no longer needs to be highlighted yellow if a 3rd comes in as that is now old data.

28e1848194814401880068efb717258a

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Ryan_Wakefield
World-Class Innovator
World-Class Innovator

The easiest way would be to create a duplicate panel/section configured the same way as the one you have now. And when you create the Unity Form the initial time, you place the values in both the visible fields and hidden fields. Then you have custom logic setup on each field that checks it against the hidden one and if different, it does something. I'm not sure the exact details of the logic as I'm not at my computer, but that should hopefully work for you.

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Ryan_Wakefield
World-Class Innovator
World-Class Innovator

The easiest way would be to create a duplicate panel/section configured the same way as the one you have now. And when you create the Unity Form the initial time, you place the values in both the visible fields and hidden fields. Then you have custom logic setup on each field that checks it against the hidden one and if different, it does something. I'm not sure the exact details of the logic as I'm not at my computer, but that should hopefully work for you.

Thanks, this is actually how I have started to design it to work after playing around with it. The issue I am running into is clearing the value in the duplicate section and copying the new data into it. There can be an infinite amount of changes on the form so have to plan for that approach. I think I will end up doing the clearing/copying part through workflow actions once the form has been moved along to the next queue. Then upon return to the review queue it will have the current data on it to compare against.