Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VB To Call The Value Of A Placeholder

Keith_Malek1
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hello All,

I was wondering if some one could tell me what the code is to call an existing placeholder value in VB?

5 REPLIES 5

Keith_Malek1
Star Contributor
Star Contributor
Sorry, This is in Word Doc Comp.

Hi Keith,

Thanks for using Community!

Would it be possible to provide some further clarification as to what you are requesting?

Which version of Document Composition are you using? Is it the legacy product, or version 2?

Thank you,

Matt

Keith_Malek1
Star Contributor
Star Contributor
I'm not sure what version it is I just know it came with or OnBase 12.

The issue is this.

We have multiple placeholders in a document that each represent a possible value in an EForm. When only one or two of these values are populated it leaves a large blank space where the other placeholders are in the composed document. Because the placeholders have to be there and can't be minimized or set to a null value and they always take up space.

What I would like to do is to you a VB call to populate textboxes that I can set to be really thin and have the ability to expand when a value is present and thereby eliminating the excess space but I don't know how to call this values in VB.

I hope this clear up my question for you.

Hi Keith,

Thanks for that information, that is helpful.

In Document Composition you can create Conditions on a placeholder that will insert text, another placeholder, or even nothing depending on the value in that placeholder.  This may be a possible solution to eliminating large areas of blank space.

If you need assistance configuring this, please reach out to your first line of support.

Thank you for using Community!