cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using a varible to determine sender for email notification

Keith_Krumbine
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

The Send Notification workflow action does not appear to take a property as an option to define the sender address of an email notification.  Is there a way to dynamically set the sender?

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Paul_Lloyd
Employee
Employee

This functionality does not currently exist, but there is an existing Enhancement Request for it:

Software Change Request (SCR ) #130825: Add the ability for a sender's e-mail address to be set from a keyword value or property when using any of the "Notify - Send Notification" actions

Any reader who would like to associate their organization with this enhancement request should contact their first line of support, and quote the SCR number.

In the meantime, a possible workaround if there are only a small number of possible senders, is to use workflow rules to call different copies of the Send Notification action, each with one of the sender addresses

View answer in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Paul_Lloyd
Employee
Employee

This functionality does not currently exist, but there is an existing Enhancement Request for it:

Software Change Request (SCR ) #130825: Add the ability for a sender's e-mail address to be set from a keyword value or property when using any of the "Notify - Send Notification" actions

Any reader who would like to associate their organization with this enhancement request should contact their first line of support, and quote the SCR number.

In the meantime, a possible workaround if there are only a small number of possible senders, is to use workflow rules to call different copies of the Send Notification action, each with one of the sender addresses

@Paul Lloyd 

Could you elaborate on how to use Workflow rules to call different copies of the send notification with different sender addresses. Is this possible in OnBase17?

I have 2 sender email addresses I would like to use for sending notification emails, besides the default sender. 

You use a sequence of Check Keyword Value (or Check Property Value) rules, then use different Send Notification Actions, each with a hard-coded ender value.

Here's an example, using an OnBase 18 Studio,  using Check Keyword Value rules:

851c7fefe2a0433eb991de41795ed557

Here I have two sender email addresses tom@acme.com and jerry@acme.com

First I check if the desired sender is Tom:

4548218fbb624cdaba299dad289644f3

If this rule returns true,  I call a Send Notification action with sender tom@acme.com:

1eb703f374084fe7a7b2b6da81e66ee9

I then use a Break Processing action after sending the notification.

If the Keyword Value didn't match, I try Jerry:

f6f4114c16a5463197e8162b8c84217e

And a match gives this Send Notification action:

9d17f31050dd46858d10c25daa6f8d6d

Again, I use a Break Processing Action after sending the notification.

If I didn't match Tom or Jerry, I send the notification using the default:

5f8a64583e04436b977b1ec2ab413d96

Although my example uses OnBase 18, it should work in OnBase 17 too.

Incidentally, the original SCR #130825Add the ability for a sender's e-mail address to be set from a keyword value or property when using any of the "Notify - Send Notification" actions has been completed and is available in EP 3 and later:

Thanks Paul, I will give it a try 🙂

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.