Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supporting Doc Comp v1 in Onbase 12

Manuel_Santana
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi,

I read the notice saying that Document Composition is being retired at the end of 2013 and it is not receiveng support since December 31, 2012. Is this means that ours letters in document composition v1 can not be used, because doc. comp. v1 is retired? It's retired at the end of 2013, but the suport was retire a year ago. It is confusing. I am missing o misunderstanding the information (notice). Could you, please, explain?

We are planning to migrate the letter to version 2, but also want to understand well the window we have about the support.

Regards.

1 REPLY 1

Carolyn_Kane
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hi Manuel,

I am sorry this has caused confusion for you, but I am happy that you reached out for assistance!  We will definitely help you move your templates from V1 to V2!  This link explains the difference between "End of Support" and "End of Life" for modules.  It is not uncommon for us to end support for a module prior to the end of life. 

Your letters will still work in the old version of Doc Comp beyond the date of December 31st, 2013 - we just won't provide Doc Comp V1 in any new releases, which would cause problems for you when you upgrade your OnBase system.  I would recommend creating a plan to move your templates to the new version of Doc Comp.  Your first line of support will be able to assist you with this. 

Regards,