cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions for proper capitalization of names

Greg_Pauba
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Good morning everyone!  I was wondering if you can provide me with some creative ways to handle the proper capitalization of those challenging names that are saved as OnBase Keywords and then used within Document Composition letters.  Names like McBride, O'Reilly, & van der Hagen are a few of the challenges encountered when working with keywords saved as all upper case values in keywords.  The most accurate way would probably be to have a mixed case keyword and get the spelling correct at index time, but unfortunately this keyword is currently uppercase only.  The "Proper Noun" setting works fine for most values, though now we are relying on users to catch and correct improper capitalization of names in the letters.  Do any of you have creative suggestions on how to handle these case challenges?

1 REPLY 1

David_Coxe1
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Good morning, Greg.  I hope you are well.  You are correct that there is currently no way to take into account complex Proper Nouns in Document Composition. 

The ability to handle special cases like this was considered as an enhancement, however, it was decided not to persue the development of this feature.

You're going down the right path of using a mixed case keyword. 

If your customer would like to change this keyword to a mixed case keyword, please contact your first line of support and they will work with you to make that change.

I hope that helps you.

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.