Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop workflow when press cancel

Goncalo_Lourenc
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hi All,

I have a document from which user originates a letter.

This letter is then subject to review and user can accept or cancel it.

When user accept everything is fine and current document just follows its normal route on workflow.

But when is cancelled I would like to current document remain in current queue and not progress to a new one or next.

There is any way to stop current document to be processed on workflow after cancelling a document composition?

Thanks for reading.

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Tony_Maimone
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Hi Goncalo,

First off, thank you for posting to Community. Outside of the recommendation that Tharon described above, I  recommend contacting your First line of Support to get a Support Issue created and get it attached to SCR 107878 which describes the issue that you are having.

Thank you,

View answer in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Gregory_Roche2
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making
I use the Rule "Prompt User with Question Box" then can do all sorts of things in the workflow...

Goncalo_Lourenc
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making
Thanks! It works! Have a nice weekend!

Tharon_Rivera
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

The only way I think you could do this systematically is if you inherit keywords on the composed document.  Then you can use related item exists rule to check for the composed document.

Depending on your setup, if users are allowed to modify inherited keywords or upload to that document type and add your matching keywords, it's possible that a match could be found that isn't the composed document.  It works best if you have a locked down keyword that you use for matching.  Alternatively, you can do a Store Related Item Count to Property before and after the composition.  Then do a compare to see if the number is the same.

A nice enhancement would be to have ability to capture the composed document handle to a property (like what's available on Import Document).  That way you can check to see if the property exists.

Tony_Maimone
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Hi Goncalo,

First off, thank you for posting to Community. Outside of the recommendation that Tharon described above, I  recommend contacting your First line of Support to get a Support Issue created and get it attached to SCR 107878 which describes the issue that you are having.

Thank you,

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.