cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to "Group Reports"?

Edward_Schneide
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Not sure how best to ask this question, but Image Statements looks close to what I am being asked to consider here.  We would like to:

> produce output from a variety of applications / platforms, so the output COULD be PDF's, text / COLD, or some other "PRN" (print) file

> ideally, be able to group ouput, first ..

- by just generically knowing that when we send out Report "A", we want to include "C" and "E" ... to each recipient

- BUT then, even more ideally, we would like to know that when we send out Report "A" to receipient "001", we want to include "C" and "E",

but for recipient "002", we want to include "B", "C", and "E".

> and, ideally, be able to

- direct the grouped reports to either a printer or email ... BY recipient

> and, finally, let the recipient change or cancel their "receipt".  That is, let the recipient ideally indicate how to receive their group of Reports  ... or to cancel receipt entirely.

Is ANY of that possible with OnBase software?  I do own Workflow and Distribution Service.  But not Image Statements or other similar modules.

Thanks!!

Ed

1 REPLY 1

Justin_Fandl
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Ed,

Image Statements could allow you to "group" these reports together. The way that image statements works is that we specify a common keyword that is shared between a primary document and zero or more secondary documents. This relationship is leveraged to find related secondary documents that match this keyword value with the primary. Upon rendering the files are combined into a single archived/printed document. You could then leverage Document Distribution to send these documents out if desired. I do not believe however the recipient will be able to indicate how they receive the reports (I.e. cancelling them vs. not).

So for example if you had your primary report A have a value of 002 for recipient number, and you had similar reports B, C, D configured as secondary documents, that also shared the 002 recipient number these could be combined because they share the same recipient number and a single report E would be the archived/printed copy.

Thanks,

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.