Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

special characters appear in Document composition

Sunderanand_Ba1
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hi,

When I render a floating point field with value 32615.97  and formatted as currency in Document composition, I get the below output with a special character "¤", although currency symbol is not selected in the currency configuration. 

¤32,615.97 

75c557bf773a4e67b68ea8ac1ef5ac6a

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Kevin_Arth
Employee
Employee

Hello Sunder, and thank you for reaching out on Community.

This doesn't actually have anything to do with the Float Data Type. I did a bit of testing using Float, as well as Currency and Specific Currency Keyword Types. In all cases, if I used a Currency Format that did not have the Currency Symbol configured, I got that unexpected character. If I checked "Use Currency Symbol" and specified a symbol, that configured symbol is shown and not this unexpected character.

I don't know if your business need will allow you to modify your Currency Format configuration by specifying a Currency Symbol, but that is a workaround for this if you're able to do so. Meanwhile, I recommend reaching out to your First Line of Support as I believe this would be considered a Defect, and it should be properly tested and pursued as such.

View answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

Kevin_Arth
Employee
Employee

Hello Sunder, and thank you for reaching out on Community.

This doesn't actually have anything to do with the Float Data Type. I did a bit of testing using Float, as well as Currency and Specific Currency Keyword Types. In all cases, if I used a Currency Format that did not have the Currency Symbol configured, I got that unexpected character. If I checked "Use Currency Symbol" and specified a symbol, that configured symbol is shown and not this unexpected character.

I don't know if your business need will allow you to modify your Currency Format configuration by specifying a Currency Symbol, but that is a workaround for this if you're able to do so. Meanwhile, I recommend reaching out to your First Line of Support as I believe this would be considered a Defect, and it should be properly tested and pursued as such.