cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revisions - Make generated packet a revision of the primary document. Possible?

David_Coxe3
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

I have a process where newly created document packets are being stored as the same doc type as the primary document for the template.

The doc type is revisable with the "Always assume new revision" option selected.

My assumption was that since all of the keywords will be the same, then the newly generated packet would become a revision of the document.

The packet is generated via WF.

I'm finding that it just creates a new document instead of a revision.

I also tried using the action to set document type back to itself, but I saw that this isn't supported in WF and development decided to keep it that way.

If I use the Re-Index action in WF, that works, but that adds an additional step that the customer doesn't want.

Has anyone tried to do this?

4 REPLIES 4

aboucher
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Dave Coxe,

Here are a couple of documentation references that may answer your question regarding document revisioning:

Note: While using the "Always assume new revision" option, a revision of a document cannot be created while the document is locked.

I hope this helps!

~Alan

Can_Ergin
SME
SME

An enhancement request was created to store a new document package as a revision of another document where applicable. PACK-13661

Hello Can,

Is there any way to track this enhancement request from the partner/customer side of things?

Thank you,

Austin 

Yes, please contact support to be added to this enhancement request.