cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Placeholders within Fragments add line feeds before and after when the document is composed.

David_Pearson
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

I am having a formatting problem when inserting Placeholders in a Fragment.  When the letter is composed, Placeholders within Fragments have line feeds before and after them.  How can I prevent these line feeds?

14 REPLIES 14

Richard_Chambe1
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise
I submitted this same issue to my first line of support. They are researching. The line feeds seem to come with the fragments automatically, one before & one after.

David_Pearson
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

I have noticed that if I rewrite the fragment with the same placeholders and text, the line feeds go away.  I have also noticed that placeholders inserted into a previously saved fragment often cause formatting problems within the fragment.

I have tried rewriting them as well but I still can't get rid of the before and after paragraphs. Have you fixed your issue any other way?

Hi Pam,

Can Ergin wrote a technical blog on Community to better explain why this can happen in Document Composition Fragments and how to fix the issue. Please let us know if this blog post helps you resolve your issue.

www.onbase.com/.../working-with-fragments-location-matters-whitepaper

Thank you,
Tony Maimone

Hello, I know this post is older but is the whitepaper available somewhere else?  The link above does not work.

Thanks