cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

insufficient privileges to document composition administrator

Kaytee_Hanson
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

I am testing Office 2016 with our OnBase 17 build.  I have downloaded and installed the office integration file.  The error I get when trying to open a template: insufficient privileges to document composition administrator. I do have all the appropriate permissions and privileges in OnBase Configuration.

I've compared the config file to the config file on my other laptop that uses Office 2013.  There are no differences.  I am able to open templates on that laptop.

What did I miss?  Thank you1

2 ACCEPTED ANSWERS

Jason_Katsaros
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hello Kaytee,

Document Composition made several enhancements to Template Group and Template security for OnBase 17. Please make sure the particular User Group your User belongs to is included in the proper "Template Group Security" settings as well as "Template Security" settings.

If you're still having difficulties with security configuration, please reach out to your first line of support.

Thanks,

Jason

View answer in original post

Kaytee_Hanson
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Note: the issue was version related.  I downloaded OBA for OnBase 18 but we are using OnBase 17.  I've since downloaded the correct OBA and everything is working as expected.

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Jason_Katsaros
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hello Kaytee,

Document Composition made several enhancements to Template Group and Template security for OnBase 17. Please make sure the particular User Group your User belongs to is included in the proper "Template Group Security" settings as well as "Template Security" settings.

If you're still having difficulties with security configuration, please reach out to your first line of support.

Thanks,

Jason

Thank you.  I'll reach out.

Kaytee_Hanson
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Note: the issue was version related.  I downloaded OBA for OnBase 18 but we are using OnBase 17.  I've since downloaded the correct OBA and everything is working as expected.