cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTML requirements for Doc Distribution Alert

Richard_Green
Star Contributor
Star Contributor
What are the requirements for HTML when using it for a doc distribution alert? (version, etc) Thanks!To add clarity, I have HTML content in the Delivery Template but it is not rendering as expected when sent. I am trying to figure out what where the problem is. It is related to styling in some way. Some things are recognized and some are not. Looking for the standard I should be going by.
2 REPLIES 2

Bob_Loper
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi Richard,

Document Distribution should be generating the email content exactly as specified in the Delivery Template.  As far as Doc Distribution is concerned, it doesn't matter what standard you are using or even if the formatting is valid at all. However, the client attempting to render the HTML would certainly care if the code was valid.

I would first confirm that the code you have in the delivery template renders as expected outside of OnBase.  If it does, then I'd look for differences between that code and the code of the email being generated.  If there aren't any differences, then perhaps the email client doesn't support the formatting being used.  If there are differences, I would suggest working with your first line of support to help determine why the code in the generated email is different from what is specified in the template.

I hope this helps and please, post any updates back here.

~Bob

Richard_Green
Star Contributor
Star Contributor
Thanks, Bob. After working with the issue for a while, I think it comes to the client viewing the document.
Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.