cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formatting text & document composition

haneen_haddad
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Client requests to be able to insert table in text field  so the workaround is use formatted text but

When inserting Formatted Text attributes into  documents generated(Document composition) from WorkView actions, the attribute value includes the formatting tags.  Is it possible to format these attributes in the RTF template so that Word recogizes the formatting tags and displays the text as it appears in WorkView? Or any ways to come as a normal text without html tags

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Lars_Altvater
Employee
Employee

Hi Haneen,

the formatted text control in WorkView is actually an HTML editor and the text will be stored with the html tags. I don't believe document composition has support for that. Overall, importing HTML into a word document or RTF document can be problematic as the html doesn't always translate 100% without issues. Results can vary between software, versions and so on.

The closest you probably get is to use a Display Template action and generate an HTML page and store that as a PDF. 

I hope that helps!

View answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

Lars_Altvater
Employee
Employee

Hi Haneen,

the formatted text control in WorkView is actually an HTML editor and the text will be stored with the html tags. I don't believe document composition has support for that. Overall, importing HTML into a word document or RTF document can be problematic as the html doesn't always translate 100% without issues. Results can vary between software, versions and so on.

The closest you probably get is to use a Display Template action and generate an HTML page and store that as a PDF. 

I hope that helps!