cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extra Spaces when using Table in Fragment?

Matthew_Robinso
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hello!  I am building some fragments for insertion into documents.  I'm using a Word Table to format them that I've built somewhere else.  I copied and pasted the table into the fragment and have removed all extraneous spaces, carriage returns, etc. that I see in the fragment.  I've also created a blank document to place the fragment.

Can anyone advise how it is that I'm getting two forced carriage returns between the fragment and the next bit of text when I preview?

I can provide samples if necessary - I can't find anything in the forums or MRG specifically about this, and I would really like to use fragments instead of updating seven individual documents with the table of information I need to update!

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Tharon_Rivera
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

There should be an SCR on this, but it's been this way for a while (I think we reported this issue on v12).  A table in a fragment has an extra carriage return inserted after it.

You'll have to work around it.  If there is no carriage return after the table in the fragment, there will be one in the main template.  IIRC, this means that having a carriage return after the fragment placeholder will result in two carriage returns when the fragment ends with a table.

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Tharon_Rivera
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

There should be an SCR on this, but it's been this way for a while (I think we reported this issue on v12).  A table in a fragment has an extra carriage return inserted after it.

You'll have to work around it.  If there is no carriage return after the table in the fragment, there will be one in the main template.  IIRC, this means that having a carriage return after the fragment placeholder will result in two carriage returns when the fragment ends with a table.

Carolyn_Kane
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hi Matt,

It sounds like SCR # 147128 applies to your situation, it has been identified as a defect. If you call your first line of support, they can verify that your scenario is covered by this request, and add you to it.