Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export to Network Location Details

Dominique_Clack
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hello all,

I am having some trouble working with the 'Export to Network Location' action in my workflow. I seem to be getting a diagnostics error that access is denied to the network location and the file is not moved there. I was wondering if anybody had any steps or walkthroughs for exactly where to place the network folder and what permissions are necessary?

I also am unsure of the service account that needs access in order for it to work in our system. Does anybody have any tips for how to find the service account or how to find it's impersonation account need-be? 

I was able to get the solution working by adding the SERVICE account (pictured below) but this account doesn't seem to need extra permissions in my solution.

e4f45cb1423c46669a4e901c105d9103

2 REPLIES 2

Gerri_Glines1
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

If you have a timer running the action then I would check that the account running the unity scheduler service has access, otherwise I would make sure that the user running your application pool has access. Check on those. Also looking at your screen shot it appears that you are looking at the permissions on a folder level, I would create a network share and then add the permissions there. Make the export to network location reach out to a network share instead of a direct folder path on a server.

Ramesh_Aravabh1
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

@Dominique Clackum The service account that runs the App server pool needs RW access to the network folder where you want the documents to go.

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.