cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Example of an e-form prompt?

John_Anderson4
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Does anyone have a very simple example of an e-form that can be used as a prompt within Doc Comp? I've tried setting one up, and it displays and submits fine, but no values fill in to the template. I'm not sure if fields need to be configured a certain way, or if a certain type of button needs to be used to submit, etc.

Thanks!

12 REPLIES 12

John_Anderson4
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

I figured it out. I forgot to put the method on my form tag. Here's a quick example that works:

<html>
<body>
<form id="doccomp" name="doccomp" method="post">
check amount:<input name="checkamt" id="checkamt"/><br/>
check date:<input name="checkdate" id="checkdate"/><br/>
<input type="submit" name="OBBtn_Yes" value="Submit"/>
</form>
</body>
</html>

There is some extra stuff in there, like the form tag I don't think needs an id or name, and the input tags don't need an id, but I just pasted the exact code that I just confirmed does work.

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hey John,

A fun note to add (in case others find this post), make sure that the field names do not have spaces.  For instance, the following will not work:

<input type="text" name="Description External" />

However, the following will (note there is no space between "Description" and "External":

<input type="text" name="DescriptionExternal" />

Take care.

Heather_MacAski
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Can you use radio buttons or drop down boxes for Yes/No options with the HTML User Prompts in Doc Comp?

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

The following is an example of a drop down list which I used.

<html><head><title>Internal</title></head><body><form method="post" action=""><table border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" bordercolor="#000000">  <tr>    <td><table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" bgcolor="#FFFFFF">        <tr>          <td>&nbsp;</td>          <td>&nbsp;</td>        </tr>		        <tr>          <td>Description:</td>          <td>            <select name="Description">              <option value="1">1</option>              <option value="2">2</option>              <option value="3">3</option>              <option value="4">4</option>            </select>           </td>        </tr>	        <tr>          <td>&nbsp;</td>          <td><input type="submit" value="Save" name="Save" /></td>        </tr>      </table>    </td>  </tr></table></form></body></html>