cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error saving revision to a composed document

Brian_Bartolazo
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

I have a user who is modifying an existing document that was created through Document Composition. We have a workflow that generates a starting template with keywords they fill out and then there are minor updates they need to include based on the scenario.

The user is able to generate the initial composition, make the changes in the Word pop up from Unity, but they go to save they get the pop up to save as revision but then receive another error stating:

"A Share violation occurred"

With the following trace details:

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80030020): A share violation has occurred.

at DSOFramer._FramerControl.Save(Object SaveAsDocument, Object OverwriteExisting, Object WebUsername, Object WebPassword)

at AxDSOFramer.AxFramerControl.Save(Object saveAsDocument, Object overwriteExisting, Object webUsername, Object webPassword)

at Hyland.Canvas.Controls.OleInterop.OleActiveDocumentContainer.Save()

at Hyland.Canvas.Controls.OleViewer.invokeSave(Boolean allowCancel)

at Hyland.Canvas.Controls.OleViewer.handleClosing(Boolean allowCancel, Boolean executingWorkflowTask)

at Hyland.Canvas.Controls.OleViewer.OnDeactivatingLayout(Object sender, DeactivatingLayoutEventArgs args)

at Hyland.Canvas.CanvasControl.DeactivatingLayout(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs args)

at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)

at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)

at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)

at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs e)

at Hyland.Canvas.CanvasLayout.TryDeactivate(Boolean closingWindow)

at Hyland.Canvas.CanvasRibbonWindow.DeactivateLayoutIfExists(Boolean closingWindow)

at Hyland.Canvas.CanvasRibbonWindow.DeactivateMyLayoutIfAllChildrenHaveClosed(Boolean haveclosed)

at Hyland.Canvas.CanvasRibbonWindow.handleContinueClosing(CancelEventArgs e)

at Hyland.Canvas.CanvasRibbonWindow.OnClosing(CancelEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Window.WmClose()

at System.Windows.Window.WindowFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)

at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.PublicHooksFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)

at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)

at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Has anyone seen his before? I'm wondering if there is an issue with the communication between MS Word and OnBase in order to save in the updates as a revision of the document?

1 REPLY 1

Tony_Maimone
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Hi Brian,

I have not seen this issue in the past and I was unable to find any common ones searching our backlog. I recommend reaching out to your first line of support for more troubleshooting.

Thank you,