cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doc Comp Array Cannot be Null Error

Lynnette_Collie
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

I have created and inserted a fragment placeholder into a doc comp template.  I am continuously receiving "Array cannot be null.Parameter name: bytes error" when doing composition preview.  The fragment is in a different template and I created a placeholder using the fragment.

Any thoughts on what may be causing the problem?

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Tony_Maimone
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Hi Lynnette,

I recommend looking at the Diagnostics Console output for errors and warnings for the Application server that is composing the document. This will provide some additional information as to why you are receiving this error message. This information will be useful when you contact your first line of support for troubleshooting purposes.

Thank you,

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Rob_Dale
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Lynnette,

This is probably a bit late for you, but just in case, check your placeholders.  Are you applying an incorrect format on the place holder?  For instance I'd applied a currency format, then, when prompted, typed in text, and received this error.  Correcting the formatting solved the problem.

Tony_Maimone
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Hi Lynnette,

I recommend looking at the Diagnostics Console output for errors and warnings for the Application server that is composing the document. This will provide some additional information as to why you are receiving this error message. This information will be useful when you contact your first line of support for troubleshooting purposes.

Thank you,